X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyman Great Plains Rifle vs. T/C Renegade

I bought my first muzzleloader earlier this year and managed to harvest two deer with it. I have been bitten by the muzzleloading bug pretty hard and now i have an itch to get a round ball gun. After much research, i have narrowed the field down to the Lyman Great Plains Rifle or the T/C Renegade with the Lyman being the one i am leaning towards because of the slower rate of twist more suitable to round balls and i just like the way it looks. For those of you familiar with both guns, do you have a preference? If so, why? My understanding is the Lyman guns are manufactured by an Italian firm called Investarms. Thompson Center's reputation is well known, but what about Investarms? Any help you experienced guys could give me on the Lyman guns would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Re: Lyman Great Plains Rifle vs. T/C Renegade

Randyman Lyman makes a great gun had the GPR in 50 cal. 1 in 32 twist gun shot great,but a main issue was the overall weight,a littlle to much for me.t/c excellent gun and there warranty is outstanding I have 4 t/c ..I will say there are a lot of good used t/c out there for 1/2 the price of a lyman and there warranty is still there if needed.Hey you can all ways by a t/c used a choose a GM barrel for it at any time.

Comment

Re: Lyman Great Plains Rifle vs. T/C Renegade

If you are looking for a gun to shoot patched round balls the Lyman is your best choice. The 1 in 66 twist is much better for round balls than the 1 in 48. Quality wise the Lyman is at least as good as the TC if not better.

Comment

Working...
      X