X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushnell Banner series scope quality?

Another scope I am not familiar with but have a line on what seems like a decent price for one.
    Its a Bushnell Banner 6-24x40 with AO and target turrets adn Mil Dot reticle.
    I am putting it on my Encore 17.5" 223 handgun for long range shooting hunting.
    I am sure the recoil of this gun will not damage the scope but I dont want to sacrifice glass quality to save a bit of $$$ either.
    However I am wanting to not spend an arm and a leg for a scope on this gun...
    Anyone have or have used this scope or any Bushnell Banner series scopes?

Thanks,
    Shawn

Re: Bushnell Banner series scope quality?

I started hearing several people talk about the quality (for the price) of these scopes so I bought a 3-9X50 for my Encore.
    I now own 4 of them!!

For the money you absolutely cannot beat them.

Comment

The bushnell legend is a better scope, Has better clearity, more power, better over all quality. Just my .02 cents.

Comment

Thank you for your inputs.
        Its as I expected.
        Good but not great, but great for the money they cost.

Comment

Have not had any experience with the banner scopes, but have a bushnell scope on my ml. For what I paid for the scope, i am pretty happy with it.

Comment

They don't have a lot of eye relief for handgun shooting. Granted the recoil is minimal but its not too comfortable parking your head a few inches behind the gun without resting it on something.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              They don't have a lot of eye relief for handgun shooting. Granted the recoil is minimal but its not too comfortable parking your head a few inches behind the gun without resting it on something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this I am aware of. LOL
              Although my rig will be fairly heavy when its done and that should help on the 223 recoil.
              I still plan to back off a bit until I find the hold and grip I like and need for this sort of shooting.

Comment

Working...
              X