never seen this before - Page 2

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by stevebeilgard View Post
    this was just too funny not to call attention to again. very good.
    ill go with the fence theory. but, who knows. there is not market for a poacher that i know of. only for live birds, not bird parts.
    Steve..I knew we would be on the same page!! after all you are from the "Nortland"...lol

Im thinking a power line or fence wire? Is there a tower in the area? Guy lines kill lots of birds
    “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and by his stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

Blog Entries

Last time I was down in the bottom I took a few pics. While I was down there a plane flew over, and got to thinking we get a lot of low flying planes that land at the county airport, possible maybe a low flying plane hit the bird?

wtnhunt

Bobcat could have caught the hawk and took the head off and carried it to that spot.

Blog Entries

i'm sure it was not a plane. the prop spins at near supersonic speeds, meaning it would have made hamburger out of the bird.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevebeilgard View Post
    i'm sure it was not a plane. the prop spins at near supersonic speeds, meaning it would have made hamburger out of the bird.
    Kinda figured as much Steve, but was not sure if a plane about to land would have the prop speed wound down enough to cut the head off, body nowhere around and no feathers anywhere, just the head in my field. We get some ultralights at the airport flying over real low too.

Oh well, one of those unsolved mysteries.
    wtnhunt