Rather be lucky than good

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Default Rather be lucky than good

Been a pretty good year up here in Northern Indiana. A couple of nice does during early archery. A close encounter with a shooter buck, but no dice. Then gun season came along. Opening day was good!

That buck was quite possibly the biggest bodied buck I have ever killed. He dressed at 225 with absolutely no fat left on him. I then was fortunate to take a couple more slickheads in two other counties. Luck? No, blessed!

HB
    Last edited by Hoosierbuck; 12-07-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    "My name is Hoosierbuck, and I approve this message."

Nice deer! The extension to all of porter and lake county makes things nice if you hunt there.

Nice! Congrats!
    Jason Lester

Blog Entries

man he's a brute!

Congratulations!

Some good bucks..nice!
    “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and by his stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

Man, that's quite a season. Congrats on a full freezer and a couple of dandy bucks!
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

congrats! that's a great season right there. considered an "urban" zone and you can use a rifle? urban zones around here like in Albany, NY are bow only.

Blog Entries

Congratulations Chris. Great buck and another real nice one.
    wtnhunt

Db-

They added two full counties to urban this year that have a ton of farm ground in them. Our urban zones do not define type of weapon used(crazy I know). They also added 1.8 on the cartridge length that allows for those type of lever action guns.

Congrats man thats a dandy.