Fixing a scouting cam

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Default Fixing a scouting cam

I have a older Moultrie scouting Cam and it will take a pic manually but not by motion anymore ...does anybody know if its worth sending back to get fixed or is there something easy that I can do myself...they said I need to send it back...thanks

Blog Entries

Guess it would depend on how much they are going to charge. Cams these days have gotten pretty cheap, if it were going to cost too much with shipping and repair would probably be better off to buy a new one.

Far as a fix, hard to say. Done a lot of electronics repair and built my own cams, when a cam is not taking a pic by sensing it would likely be a problem with the settings with the board or the board, the sensor itself, or the connection/s between it and the camera.
    wtnhunt