Oklahoma 2nd Opener

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Default Oklahoma 2nd Opener

Had a great weekend to kick off the second half of duck season here in Oklahoma. Every year a big bunch of guys get together on this weekend in the western part of the state to chase ducks and cookout for two days.

While a couple of the groups had a little tougher time finding birds, my group had a great weekend, filling a 6 man limit on Saturday and a 5 man limit on Friday. Thank goodness for the cold frint that pushed down!

6man.jpg

photo 2-2.jpg

photo 3-3.jpg

Looks like a good day! Congrats

Looks like I need to try hunting Oklahoma for ducks.Michiagan and Ohio season has been crappy!Maybe next year I might check out your state for ducks.I was there this spring for turkeys and did great.Looks like you had a good mixture of ducks!Good job!

We really got lucky that the cold front came thru and pushed a lot of ducks down. And even luckier that one of the guys knows a landowner that let us in on some spring fed ponds so we could have some water to hunt on. It's so dry out there that many of the ponds we normally hunt on are completely or nearly dry. All too often I'm hearing "I've never seen that pond that low".

Im headed out west this weekend to duck hunt with a big group. I hope we have the same luck you did!

You may not have quite the cool temps that we did, but you should have some birds. Looks like they are calling for another cool front after the weekend!

Where are you hunting out west?

Looks like a great time!

I am headed out Saturday and Sunday before Church. Im taking a rookie with me on Saturday for his first duck hunt. Should be a good weekend. Ive seen a lot of birds lately. Even with it warming up they are around...
    "There can be no real freedom without the freedom to fail." - Thomas Jefferson

We are headed up west of enid...... we used to hunt up on the cimarron, but are changing to a new spot this year.....

Blog Entries

Good deal. Nice pics