Bear den find

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Default Bear den find

This is the one I found last year...

have found yet another; need to get my spot light and cam and see who is at home...GUUUUMP!! ...Check out that hole!....YES SIR!
    “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and by his stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

Blog Entries

That's just too cool. I dont guess they ever go into hibernation here.

i'd give them some time to get sleepy and placid... wouldn't want to visit a recently hibernated bear still wide awake.

That looks like my kinda fun! I wouldn't be able to resist poking my face in there....errr, maybe just my camera on a long stick,lol!
    Hope to hear ya report back from the new den....

I hear black bears don't actually go into a "real hibernation" so make sure your shoe laces are tied!
    View my nature photos @
    http://www.pbase.com/wooly
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/buckee/member%20favours/009-1-1.jpg

That's a real cool picture

Thanks for the awesome pics !! Myself, I would not disturb them during their sleep.
    I believe they give birth to their cubs during that time.
    too_

Quote Originally Posted by too_pointer View Post
    Thanks for the awesome pics !! Myself, I would not disturb them during their sleep.
    I believe they give birth to their cubs during that time.
    too_
    well this Boar would have a hard time doing that..this was mid Dec...personally I could care less about "bothering" them..have you seen the crop damage they do?..he is lucky I didnt shoot him right where he was
    “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and by his stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews XT Man View Post
    well this Boar would have a hard time doing that..this was mid Dec...personally I could care less about "bothering" them..have you seen the crop damage they do?..he is lucky I didnt shoot him right where he was
    well you think of what a coon does, now think about the size different for a bear. i'm not surprised.

By the way he didnt seem to mind, as the logging uquipment we run kept him from sleeping anyways.. and the marshmallows I tossed him..he ate them right up..he didnt seem to care for the fuit cake!!...he just sniffed at it and tucked his head under his paws and went to sleep..perhaps the only useful purpose for those are wheel chocks?