Bear hunting in Juniata Country story

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Default Bear hunting in Juniata Country story

OK, I decided to take the rifle for a walk to an area a had a small 250 lb bear show up twice in archery season. This area is on our mountain ground right behind our house. I sat till dark, only seeing an 8pt. buck running a doe. After returning home my wife went to a home and school meeting, when she left she failed to shut the garage door, Yes the garage is attatched to the house. At 8 pm I was trying to figure out why the sensor kept getting tripped causing the light to come on. As I looked out the front door I saw the bear walk past the man door. THE BEAR WAS IN THE GARAGE EATING APPLES. To protect my family I grabbed the nearest weapon,(44 mag ruger single action) I also grabbed the nearest flashlight,( a pink, fairy princess light AAA battery model) I proceeded to march out the front door in my shorts, T shirt, and flip flops heavily armed and ready for anything. Now to give you fair warning, the princess fairy light only casts a beam about 15 feet. This means your reaction time must be quick if there is to be a conflict cause a bear can cover that area quite fast. Needless to say this particular bear must have been familiar with this light cause he kept his distance, at least 17 feet from me. I knew he was there, cause I could hear him, He knew he was out of danger due to the fact that the light would not shoot as far as the 44. I have put a stand on the peak of the roof for next years bear season and will let you know how I do. I would love to say this is a joke, but it truly did happen, the only thing harmed in this encounter were approx 15 apples.
    I'll try to extend the grace to you that God has already extended to me.

Blog Entries

That would make a great you tube video!
    Silver Member.....The OTPG

Nice......u Let us know how u did in that hunt then.....ok

Quote Originally Posted by fly View Post
    That would make a great you tube video!
    the only thing harmed in this encounter were approx 15 apples.

not to mention your manhood with the fairy flashlight in hand!...lol
    complete that scene with a pink tutu..and you got one hilarious utube vid!
    “…just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.” Romans 6:4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews XT Man View Post
    the only thing harmed in this encounter were approx 15 apples.

not to mention your manhood with the fairy flashlight in hand!...lol
    complete that scene with a pink tutu..and you got one hilarious utube vid!

OUCH. that hurt...lol