Winter camping

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Default Winter camping

My wife and I and our friends went winter camping on the weekend. One of our provincial parks rents yurts for winter camping. The yurts have electricity , heat, gas bbqs and bunk beds for the whole family. We had a great time and the weather was great.

Looks like fun. They have yurts for rent in CO too...I don't think most of them are as plush as this though
    Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation - Ensuring the future of elk, other wildlife, their habitat and our hunting heritage.

Looks like nice accommodations. When I was in my mid-teens I used to winter camp a fair bit. We had a popup camper and would use a small electric heater to keep the place "warm". We'd hike all day and spend the night huddled around the heater playing cards. Good times.

Blog Entries

what a cool way to go. but, i won't call that camping. it looks too delux. lol

Looks like a great time! Looks like some pretty nice little shacks. I don't think I could talk my wife into winter camping.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Looks like a fun time!

looks like a blast... don't think i've heard of a yurt before.