Who's applying for what.

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Default Who's applying for what.

It's that time of the year. Who's applying for what & where. I'm just putting in for elk, moose & probably mule deer here in Colorado. I'm not so sure on the mule deer. It's a high country buck hunt near Silverton. I'm gettin a little too old & fat to be running around those peaks. Bob

Good luck! Im applying for antelope next year in Wyoming and going on a boar hunt this spring

Blog Entries

Arizona - elk, if not succ. then deer also. If succ. points for deer. Antelope & sheep points only.
    New Mexico - deer, elk, antelope, Oryx
    Nevada - deer & elk. Antelope, Nelson & Cali bighorn sheep points only
    Colorado - deer & elk (don't know yet if I will apply or just points)
    Utah - deer, elk, moose, antelope, rocky & desert sheep, bison & goat. very low odds, basically like applying for points on all species.
    Wyoming - points for deer, antelope, elk & moose
    Texas - a host of different deer, antelope and exotic species.

Subject to change, of course.
    Pics
    RIP KJB 4/29/70 - 11/22/08
    Silver Member..Off the Porcher

TX---you are going to need a 2nd on your house to finance all those applications.

Whitetail---You better check if you can draw a WY antelope with 0 points. If it takes a point or two, you should apply for a preference point this year.

Ok bob thank you. It will be my first year for doing anything like that

Quote Originally Posted by texastrophies View Post
    Arizona - elk, if not succ. then deer also. If succ. points for deer. Antelope & sheep points only.
    New Mexico - deer, elk, antelope, Oryx
    Nevada - deer & elk. Antelope, Nelson & Cali bighorn sheep points only
    Colorado - deer & elk (don't know yet if I will apply or just points)
    Utah - deer, elk, moose, antelope, rocky & desert sheep, bison & goat. very low odds, basically like applying for points on all species.
    Wyoming - points for deer, antelope, elk & moose
    Texas - a host of different deer, antelope and exotic species.

Subject to change, of course.

WOW Jeff !! You might be a busy hunter this year. Good luck bud on your drawings.
    too_

We are skipping elk season this yr. We figure if we hadnt killed one in 11 yrs it prob isnt going to happen despite all the great hunts we had and people we met, tho we never actually hunted WITH them. Colo people dont seem to do ANYTHING together. I'm going back to being the loneranger, huntin for antelope east of town or maybe 144/145, then wife will join me for mule deer in Saguache if we draw. IF. Pretty much it for this year as my disgust for the COlo tag situation grows and my interest in pouring good money after bad Colo tags increases. I never thought I would just give up, but luck has NOT been with us in any way shape or form here in Colo. And luck is an integral part of hunting. Sadly.