No more Saturday Mail...

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Blog Entries

Default No more Saturday Mail...

Except for I guess packages/medicines/Express mail, the USPS will no longer be dilvering Saturday mail (letter/envelopes/cataloges). Read this on MSN this AM and I guess an official announcement is being made at 10am....Ah well....never usually got anything good in the mail on Saturday,lol. The post offices will remain open on Saturdays though.
    ~Everyone Has Something To Offer~
    A&J Calls 'Staffer' www.a-jcalls.net

The free market has spoken! Laissez faire triumphs.
    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one nation INDIVISIBLE with liberty and justice for all.

Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which given sufficient time, turns into people.

They should have done that long ago..and weed out half the small P.O. ....Every town and village has one...lots of overhead...Not a place where you can make a career out of it anymore...becoming a part time job, with similar wages. Kim is taking the payoff and early retirement in Feb. after 34 yrs.
    “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and by his stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

Blog Entries

GOOD. The usps is lousy and needs to make cuts, agree with Martin on them needing to cut a number of the smaller po's too. Hard to believe postage rates are where they are, I can remember going in to the post office with a $10 bill when I was a kid and coming out with a roll of a 100 stamps, I am only 43.

We have carriers here that are not at all dependable and we rarely get our mail on Saturday anyway due to having sub carriers most often on the weekend, no telling who gets our mail. No telling how many times we have not gotten paper bills from places over the years, makes me kinda wonder what else in the mail we have not gotten.
    wtnhunt

Can't say I've had a reoccurring issue with reliability, they did lose a package of books I was sending to my Sister once. Around here virtually all deliveries are made by contracted "rural delivery" personnel. We have several different people on our route and they seem to come at random times different days. The whole system seems so inefficient to me, and many PO's are Unionized. My buddies Dad (now retired) was a Janitor in a union PO and made more than his Son who's an ICU nurse.
    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one nation INDIVISIBLE with liberty and justice for all.

Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which given sufficient time, turns into people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Bug House View Post
    Can't say I've had a reoccurring issue with reliability
    We have, and we have had a couple filed complaints with the postmaster over problems in the past and they supposedly had an "investigation", we were never informed of the outcome of that. Our most common carrier once came up and apologized and said he makes misdeliveries often and kinda blamed it on whoever "batches" the mail. Of course that does not help us when we get a past due notice on a bill we never got, fortunately we have managed to get those issues with those bills in the past resolved and late fees waived. Learned the hard way to know when we have bills coming due and not to wait or rely on paper bills in the mail. We never mail anything out in our box at home either.
    wtnhunt

People still send actual physical pieces of paper to each other?? LOL, I only have one bill (water) that comes in the mail. I pay it on-line, but they haven't figured out how to send it to me electronically. The USPS is a dinosaur...it should have been extinct years ago.
    Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation - Ensuring the future of elk, other wildlife, their habitat and our hunting heritage.

there's still a need for the USPS. i agree with Martin though about scaling back. I think it's a good move on their part.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by COEngineer View Post
    People still send actual physical pieces of paper to each other?? LOL, I only have one bill (water) that comes in the mail. I pay it on-line, but they haven't figured out how to send it to me electronically. The USPS is a dinosaur...it should have been extinct years ago.

this pretty much says it all

Blog Entries

Never knew they did mail on Saturday in the US. Never have here in Canada that I can remember. Hardly ever use mail anymore anyway, companies like cell phones up here cause $2/month to have paper billing.

Postage within Canada is 64 cents I believe, we just mailed something to the US for our vacation confirmation and it was $1.12

I guess I'm a Luddite. I still receive all my bill via the US mail & I pay all my bills via a bank check in the US mail. All my corporate proxy votes are sent via US mail. I apply for all my hunting tags via a written application sent out via the US mail. Yep, I'm a Luddite.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by colorado bob View Post
    I guess I'm a Luddite. I still receive all my bill via the US mail & I pay all my bills via a bank check in the US mail. All my corporate proxy votes are sent via US mail. I apply for all my hunting tags via a written application sent out via the US mail. Yep, I'm a Luddite.
    Acknowledging that you have a problem is the first step. lol
    Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation - Ensuring the future of elk, other wildlife, their habitat and our hunting heritage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by COEngineer View Post
    Unfortunately some places will not make it so easy to pay bills without using the usps, have a few that we cannot pay any other way. Then some have made the move to having the option of paying online and are charging outrageous fees. Our power company wants us to move to paperless paying(no option for paperless billing yet), but also wants to charge transaction/"convenience" fee. Convenience fee for our car payment online too, stamp in those cases are far cheaper.

Don't know when the change was supposed to take effect but we had mail delivered here this Saturday. Was not our regular carrier, had a package and some paper mail she brought up our drive to the house. From all that I have heard packages are still delivered on Saturdays, but no paper mail.
    wtnhunt

It's suppose to end @ August 1st.