Advice on Turkey broad heads.

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Default Advice on Turkey broad heads.

So this is going to be my first year bow hunting and our fall turkey season and early bow season run at the same time so I'm thinking I should have a couple turkey broad heads in my quiver while in the stand. Any advice on what kind I should try. I'm shooting Muzzy Mx-3 100 gr. for my regular broad heads so it would be nice to have something that shoots to the same point of impact as those.

i'd say use a large cut mechanical for turkeys. you really don't need much for penetration and want lots of shock. larger cutting diameter makes sure you get the small vitals. any mechanical should shoot with your Muzzys if your bow is tuned well enough. They'll shoot where field points would.

i have 2 blad spitfires i will be using seeing that i only have 4 days to hunt i didnt see a point in spending money on heads since i dont have much time to hunt. Im just going to shoot em in the base of the wing, top of the leg or base of the neck. If they cant run to fly they cant go too far.
    2010 Hoyt Alphaburner @60lbs2012-2013 Realtree Forums Deer Contest Winners -Team Dropin' Tines

Quote Originally Posted by dbHunterNY View Post
    i'd say use a large cut mechanical for turkeys. you really don't need much for penetration and want lots of shock. larger cutting diameter makes sure you get the small vitals. any mechanical should shoot with your Muzzys if your bow is tuned well enough. They'll shoot where field points would.
    What he said.

Personally I would also opt for a 3 blade mechanical, versus a 2 blade.
    What is the American Dream? I am a white male, between the ages of 18 and 49. I have a big mouth and a gun...I AM the American Dream

Default Advice on Turkey broad heads.

Rage extreme or a over the the top expandable. A pass thru is actually a bad thing for turkeys.