Some self pride thoughts

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Cool Some self pride thoughts

Here is the results from the pole on the Carey Price story about his coyote hunt.
    Are you a hunter or a gatherer?

Hunter 43.23% (6,142 votes)

Gatherer 2.85% (405 votes)

Grocery shopper 53.92% (7,662 votes)

So, today for supper we had deer steak which came from the buck I took last fall and homemade blueberry pie for dessert that I cooked yesterday using blueberies that I picked last summer and had in the freezer.
    While I was eating supper, the memories of last falls hunt rolled around in my mind. The great time that I had at camp with family and friends and of course I relived the morning that the buck walked out and I called him closer to take the shot. I guess that I consider myself a gather and a hunter, which I take pride in doing both. Providing for my family and enjoying life in the beautiful outdoors all at the same time is a great feeling.
    All of this made me think .......... are these 7662 grocery shoppers proud of themselves for driving to the Supermarket ? LOL

"AWESOME" ends with ME ................ coincidence ??? ........ I think not.

Don't know about those grocery shoppers ,,, but I'd sit at your table any day with that fare being served ..... DAMN !! That sounds good ..

"In Memory Of Dr. David Ashburn (aka - Exturkinator) and Nicolas J. Beacham ( aka- Nick ) .. MISSED
    Realtree Family Members"

MEMBER #9 ..... OFF THE PORCH GANG

When the chips fall..those "grocery shoppers" are the ones that will be looting and coming to your house to get food, because they dont know how to fare for themselves.
    “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and by his stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

Quote Originally Posted by VermontHunter View Post
    Don't know about those grocery shoppers ,,, but I'd sit at your table any day with that fare being served ..... DAMN !! That sounds good ..
    Lol Luke ... anytime my friend , I also made a dozen blueberry muffins too, I like to cook when I'm bored ( and to get brownie points from the wife ) and I guess I am what you call a "well trained husband"

"AWESOME" ends with ME ................ coincidence ??? ........ I think not.

Blog Entries

mostly grocery shopping here. but, i still have elk, crab, halibut and shrimp from last summer. so, maybe the hunter thing works well for me. fact is, i can do either. but, i've never had a shopping trip that left memories.