Skunks

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Skunks

Default Skunks

I took my yellow lab outside last night just before bed time. Our back yard has lots of tree and places for critters to hide. Well I didn't see the skunk but my dog did. Bathing the dog at 10:30 at night was the last thing I wanted to do before bed.

nasty little critters had some living under the house when we first moved in
    a bad day hunting beats a good day at work any day

Two trapped and gone here so far, and one coon
    “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and by his stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews XT Man View Post
    Two trapped and gone here so far, and one coon
    three skunk and two coon
    “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and by his stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

place used cat litter around the yard it keeps the skunks away

Quote Originally Posted by doog3 View Post
    place used cat litter around the yard it keeps the skunks away
    That's where I caught them..right by the cat litter I threw out... and the garbage burner... lol

I have a trap set just outside the hole where it burrowed under my shed. I set the trap Friday night and still no skunk. What do you guys use for bait.

Well I have lots of barn cats around so cant use fish or anything like that so I use eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I have a trap set just outside the hole where it burrowed under my shed. I set the trap Friday night and still no skunk. What do you guys use for bait.
    Peanut butter

I asked a friend of mine who I borrowed the trap from and told me to use an egg. I just went outside to check the trap and the skunk was just coming out of his burrow and I think I scared it back into it hole. Hope it's in the trap in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    What do you guys use for bait.
    First you gotta check to see if it's a male by lifting it's tail...... then bait the trap with a girl skunk!
    With a little luck, both the little stinkers will cooperate with ya.
    View my nature photos @
    http://www.pbase.com/wooly
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/buckee/member%20favours/009-1-1.jpg