Got Ticks?

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Got Ticks?

Default Got Ticks?

Cut up a couple beaver chews off a field on Sun. didn't think I got into the tall grass at all, but when I got home I had a buddy...first tick of the year for me
    “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and by his stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

they've been bad around here... I spray the clothes down before I head to the woods which usually keeps them away.

I've only had one follow me home 2 years ago. They never really exploded in my neck of the woods the way they have around some other areas of the state. I consider them rare, and just settled for a picture before I flushed him. Haven't seen another since then.
    View my nature photos @
    http://www.pbase.com/wooly
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/buckee/member%20favours/009-1-1.jpg

Blog Entries

Going to be a real bad year here. Not much of a winter here and very wet so far, mosquitoes are going to be bad too. I have not picked any up on me yet this year, but a calf we have been working with was covered up with ticks a week ago.
    wtnhunt

They were sure out in force during the beginning of May in NE Missouri during their last week of turkey season. Plenty down here in MS too. Worse to deal with than ticks down here are the blasted poultry nats. They started showing up last week. They are big suckers and hurt. Bug spray doesn't phase them a bit & they love to go for your eyes & ears. Only thing we've found that keeps them off you is a mixture of 2 parts water & 1 part vanilla in a spray bottle. Spray it on every 4 or 5 hours.

yea i picked up my first one of the year last week. i usually check myself really good when i come in from outside or that night at the latest. i usually find them that way before they get hungry. it's more important to check areas you can't see or reach. whole lot less to worry about if you find them quick.

Blog Entries

They aren't as bad here as they have been in past years.................. but it's early. Have seen a few but it will likely get much worse.
    Founder, the OTPG

I got bit back in April which is early for NYS. It was 40 degrees and figured I didn't have to spray down. Had an itch at my belt line and there he was. Fortunately I got him before he dug in deep.

I'm turkey hunting this weekend and fully expecting to be covered in them. No matter the precautions I take, I imagine I'll still find a few crawling on me.

Flicked a couple off of me while hunting but nothing latched on have seen a lot this year though
    a bad day hunting beats a good day at work any day

Blog Entries

Ticks don't seem to like me...Good!
    They love my son Joe though. Just about everytime he goes in the woods. He comes back with one attached or about to attach.
    NRA, NYSRPA
    Board of Director/ county rep NY Bowhunters
    United Sportsmen of Rockland County
    Take a kid hunting, pass it on.
    God Bless America and our troops

Had about 15 so far this spring. Mostly deer ticks but a few dog ticks recently. I'm a regular tick magnet I think...
    Member of the Moonshine Gang
    Founded 2002
    "Member....The Off the Porch Gang"
    Waugh!