Good Trade?

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Blog Entries

Default Good Trade?

I've been offered a "free" spot on a lease by the lease manager. He wants to trade me a 2006 Honda 250 + the spot on the lease for my 2004 Kawaski 3 seater jet ski.

The lease is about 30 miles from the house, it's ~1200 acres, mostly pineywoods but has spots of hardwoods, a couple creeks, roads that are 2WD accessible, year-round access for ATV riding, yote/hog hunting and camping.

Good trade? I think so.

Now the only dilemma....hunting two leases at the same time.
    Woodrow F. Call hates rude behavior in a man, he won't tolerate it.

Now does this work in Texas? This sounds like a good deal. Can you be kicked out after a year? How many people do you have to share this lease with?

Blog Entries

Yeah, questions Joe asked would be factors to consider for sure. Too many people on the lease or the potential of only staying on a year would be things to be sure of before making a decision.
    wtnhunt

Blog Entries

It works when your cousin is the lease manager . There are other folks on the lease. It averages ~100 acres per. Most hunt the first couple weeks of rifle season and are gone after that. I can stay on after this year as long as I pay the yearly dues.

It's a way to get rid of the jet ski, get my boy an ATV and us another place to hunt. Win win in my book.

Default Good Trade?

Have the ATV looked over to make sure there are not any issues with it. Also run Kelly blue book values on your machine and his.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhunter View Post
    Have the ATV looked over to make sure there are not any issues with it. Also run Kelly blue book values on your machine and his.
    Done and done. I tend to keep my cart behind the horses.

Honda makes a great ATV as with all of their engines...

Also, I would use an ATV WAY more than a waterbike. Keep in mind I live 5-minutes from the lake, literally. A new lease never hurt anyone either....
    "There can be no real freedom without the freedom to fail." - Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramie View Post
    Honda makes a great ATV as with all of their engines...

Also, I would use an ATV WAY more than a waterbike. Keep in mind I live 5-minutes from the lake, literally. A new lease never hurt anyone either....
    Same here Jeramie. We are 6 miles from the public boatramp on the south end of Rayburn. I had all the fun I wanted the first hour we owned the PWC. My son doesn't like it all that much, mainly due to being slung off and cutting a cartwheel across the lake. He's been asking for a four wheeler so this is a win win.....jet ski will be gone, get a practically unused ATV and another lease to hunt.