New Deer Stand

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Default New Deer Stand

My hunting buddy Mike and I have been talking about doing this for years but never got around to it. But this year we finally decieded to get it done.
    So we priced out the materials for a 6'X6' enclosed stand but sheesh it would have been expensive. So I started watching the free section of Craigslist for stuff and have been real fortunate to get almost everything we needed for nothing.
    We even expanded it so it's 6.5' X 8'. 6.5 so it just fits between the fenders on my trailer.
    All the sheething, 2Xs, siding, shingles, door (even got the key), insulation and interior paneling came at no cost.
    We bought the windows - 3 of them 4'X4' and the one small one for $60 for all of them. We've both donated a few studs, nails and I had some aluminum soffit and fascia, etc left over from a house I did. We might have about $150 in it now.
    Almost done with the exterior now then will move inside to insulate it and panel it. We will haul it up to my land and trench the wires in for an electric heater, one light and coffee pot. Take the power from one of my rental houses up there.
    Oops - small rent increase.
    I hunt on a promontory overlooking an extinct gravel pit where I've developed a couple of deer plots. This will sit on 4 blocks about 6 inches off the ground.
    Maybe like a couple of old softies in this thing - hot coffee, cribbage board, one guy can take a nap while the other is on watch.
    Sure gonna be nicer than freezing our butts off like we've done for so many years.

The longer you can hunt, the better your odds of seeing a good one. In realy cold weather a lot of guys head back in by 8 am
    “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and by his stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

Blog Entries

Very nice!

Thats awesome lol it looks like a mini house/ shed
    2010 Hoyt Alphaburner @60lbs2012-2013 Realtree Forums Deer Contest Winners -Team Dropin' Tines

Default New Deer Stand

Jesus that "stand" is almost bigger than my camp lol and I'm not joking that's the sad part

Default New Deer Stand

Holy cow that's some work but I'm sure it will allow plenty of comfort when it gets too chilly for the other guys!

looks cozy. are you making that thing mobile? I know many take advantage of old ag wagon frames. you can hook up to it with your truck and tow it to your hunting location.

I've still been thinking about making a round bale blind.

Blog Entries

Nice shooting house. Maybe post some more pics after you get it in place.
    wtnhunt

Really cool.
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because you were there.

Wow! Very nice.
    Member of the Moonshine Gang
    Founded 2002
    "Member....The Off the Porch Gang"
    Waugh!

Gosh! That would be considered a "Dwelling" in West Virginia and wouldn't be allowed to shoot within 400 ft. of it. LOL
    Member.....the OTPG #49
    There's nothing more useless than the runway behind you.