Red Light Cameras - Page 3

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Red Light Cameras?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sacraficing personal privacy is important in the name of "Public Safety"

0 0%
  • Ther're ok as long as the are strictly regulated. (Fine caps, limit location & numbers)

2 22.22%
  • Blatant violation of my constituional rights.

6 66.67%
  • I WON'T STAND FOR THIS BIG BROTHER, EYE IN THE SKY CRAP! YOU'RE GONNA READ ABOUT ME IN THE NEWS!

1 11.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Red Light Cameras

I'm not in disagreement with the law itself, I don't like the fact that I was issued a fine by a surveillance system that has come into question and subsequently deemed unconstitutional by at least 3 different Judges. Because "The system" is essentially fixed so that it would cost me a lot more to fight it than it did to just pay it. Of course now photo/video of my vehicle will be stored by I don't know who, I don't know where, and I don't know for how long, used for unknown purposes in the future. Without my permission.
    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one nation INDIVISIBLE with liberty and justice for all.

Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which given sufficient time, turns into people.

The State I live in has no law regarding the use of traffic cameras, the State I work in has several laws specifically prohibiting the use of traffic cameras.
    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one nation INDIVISIBLE with liberty and justice for all.

Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which given sufficient time, turns into people.

Blog Entries

Never heard of any states judges making those rulings prior to this. I would be a little curious as to the reasoning those judges deemed traffic cameras as unconstitutional and how exactly they came to those rulings, as to how they applied constitutional law to traffic cameras.
    wtnhunt

They are installing these camera's all over here where I live ,, especially where they are building the new Walmart ... Most I have talked to weren't even aware that they were installed ..

Of course now photo/video of my vehicle will be stored by I don't know who, I don't know where, and I don't know for how long, used for unknown purposes in the future.
    Bug, I wouldn't be surprised if they notify your insurance company, since this is considered a moving violation, and points can be attached to your license as well if they contact Vermont DMV ... Not saying this will happen, but it's not too far fetched.
    Last edited by VermontHunter; 07-14-2013 at 05:28 PM.

"In Memory Of Dr. David Ashburn (aka - Exturkinator) and Nicolas J. Beacham ( aka- Nick ) .. MISSED
    Realtree Family Members"

MEMBER #9 ..... OFF THE PORCH GANG

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VermontHunter View Post
    Bug, I wouldn't be surprised if they notify your insurance company, since this is considered a moving violation, and points can be attached to your license as well if they contact Vermont DMV ... Not saying this will happen, but it's not too far fetched.
    Insurance companies will find out about moving violations and they can and usually do adjust your rates accordingly. Fines are minute in relation to what we pay in insurance rates.
    wtnhunt

There is a major law suit going on in one of the areas I work about these red light and speeding cameras. The town stopped the use of the cameras and most surrounding areas did as well. It is a big deal in the news and it seems as if we may possibly get our money back for the tickets ( seriously doubt it). The reason is the money collected by the camera tickets was misappropriated and the schools and parks never saw a nickel, and of course corruption in the government yada yada yada... The funny thing was for about a month when the government was arguing in court tickets were still going out and in very very small print at the bottom it said this is not a fine payment is optional. What the **** ??? I know this cause I got one called and they said I didn't have to pay. We also have vans that ride around with license plate scanners looking for parking violators and such that will boot your vehicle, got one those nice and shiny yellow boots as well. All of the wonderful things that get the working man.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontHunter View Post
    They are installing these camera's all over here where I live ,, especially where they are building the new Walmart ... Most I have talked to weren't even aware that they were installed ..

Of course now photo/video of my vehicle will be stored by I don't know who, I don't know where, and I don't know for how long, used for unknown purposes in the future.
    I figured the same, but the notice I got explicitly says that the State and insurance provider will not be notified. Seems convoluted!

BTW Vt Hunter, where are they putting cameras up? Red light or speed cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by wtnhunt View Post
    Never heard of any states judges making those rulings prior to this. I would be a little curious as to the reasoning those judges deemed traffic cameras as unconstitutional and how exactly they came to those rulings, as to how they applied constitutional law to traffic cameras.
    I'll try and get some links up...

Blog Entries

There is NO way for them to prove who was driving the vehicle. So they CANNOT assess points to a license. That is why it is all about revenue generation. Not safety. Points will make folks stop at lights and slow down. Not Cameras. Those are just for making money. Due process is not given on a red light cam ticket. It is telling you that you are guilty and have to pay. That is NOT how our justice system works. I know driving is a privilege, not a right. BUT...Laws and convictions still work the same way with traffic court. DUE PROCESS. If you show up to fight one, chances are they will throw it out/reduce it rather than waste the courts time if you dig in for the long haul and fight. BTW...if anyone has EZ-Pass or some sort of electronic toll collection. Sensors were installed along EVERY highway, roadway , bridge or tunnel for data collection of traffic. These same sensors can use the EZpass transponder to issue speeding tickets( EZ Pass' are addressable). Keep the EZ Pass or EZ Tag in the protective bag until you use it. It blocks the transponder from giving off a signal.
    NRA, NYSRPA
    Board of Director/ county rep NY Bowhunters
    United Sportsmen of Rockland County
    Take a kid hunting, pass it on.
    God Bless America and our troops

Quote Originally Posted by The Bug House View Post
    I figured the same, but the notice I got explicitly says that the State and insurance provider will not be notified. Seems convoluted!
    I Hope that is true, but we all know how our government is being operated ... Damn crooks.

Once a ticket is issued, and you have entered your plea, the fine is then filed with the DMV, so I don't understand how they wouldn't be notified in some way ...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bug House View Post
    BTW Vt Hunter, where are they putting cameras up? Red light or speed cameras?
    We are getting a new Walmart here in St. Albans, so the have been doing some pretty big road work with NEW traffic lights, I noticed the cameras right off and asked about them, I was told they will be performing 3 duties, Speed, Red Light, and Public Safety monitoring ... whether this is true or not we will have to wait and see what happens.

"In Memory Of Dr. David Ashburn (aka - Exturkinator) and Nicolas J. Beacham ( aka- Nick ) .. MISSED
    Realtree Family Members"

Quote Originally Posted by Adjam5 View Post
    There is NO way for them to prove who was driving the vehicle. So they CANNOT assess points to a license. .
    This is why they hold the registered owner of that vehicle responsible ....

Realtree Family Members"