Transporting a ladder stand by ATV

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Blog Entries

Default Transporting a ladder stand by ATV

Ok... I don't imagine any of you fully assemble your ladder stands in the woods, so my question is.... How do you get them to their final hunting tree? I usually take the bottom half of the ladder off, but still not sure how to attach the upper part to an ATV to get it through the woods.... Any hints or suggestions? I'm kind a newbie to ladder stands.... Always used portable chain ons but since my son is learning to hunt and has to sit with me, we've purchased a few ladder stands.... Thx

A good banning is like a public hangin'... everyone wants there to be one, as long as its someone else.

In Rememberance of October 2006 - Realtree Forum's, non-posting members, genocide

There are two rules for being successful in Martial Arts.
    Rule 1: Never tell others everything you know."

I had a trailer to haul it, but now use my Gator. I take them all apart to move
    “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and by his stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

I use my Polaris EV to transport mine. Whenever I don't break them down completely, I'll take the top section off, strap it in the bed, and strap the ladder portion on top of the roof. When they're broken down, everything gets strapped on the bed. Not that big of a deal assembling my ladders at the site where they're going up though. Almost all my ladder stands are New Millennium 21' ladders.

Blog Entries

Think all of mine I have taken to their final location fully assembled. My ladders are all homemade stands made of round steel tubing. I know one I carried within probably 50 yards to the tree with my truck, a couple I used the tractor and just dragged the legs.
    wtnhunt

Blog Entries

You don't wanna know sometimes. Just drive slow and try not to hit a limb so it don't break your neck lol.

Ya know Swampy...got to thinking...in the old days when I used an ATV, we'd bind or tie the top of a ladder to the back rack of the ATV and drag it in with the foot of the ladder dragging the ground. Of course this was either across fields or dirt roads trucks could drive on...not blacktop roads. Some of the dirt roads were only passable for ATV's. You have to drive slow in case you happen to get hung up somehow. I wouldn't advise doing that if there's anything at the foot of the ladder that might catch on something.

I've only done one fully assembled. it was a shorter one, so figured it wouldn't buckle much. couple dolly/cart wheels, couple holes through their bases, couple U bolts, and the legs free wheel behind you. just be careful of roots, square ledge, and the like.

I dont have an atv so I pack mine in on my back lol. Drive as close as I can with the truck then strap the sections together with a rachet strap and throw it over my back

I assemble at the tree. I would not want to drive in with it assembled in any way. Don't want to wack a rock or tree going in and damage the stand.
    Remember the 343