Sunday Hunting - Page 2

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

I see no harm in it. I agree with redkneck and wtnhunt. If I hunt on Sunday its when I'm in Colorado otherwise when I'm at home, I'll be in church both services on Sunday but that's me.

As far as not working on Sunday..... most people fail to realize that Sunday is the first day of the week....not the last and its not the Sabbath.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    I see no harm in it. I agree with redkneck and wtnhunt. If I hunt on Sunday its when I'm in Colorado otherwise when I'm at home, I'll be in church both services on Sunday but that's me.

As far as not working on Sunday..... most people fail to realize that Sunday is the first day of the week....not the last and its not the Sabbath.
    So you hunt Saturday?
    You need to get your life right Corey.

I was pretty happy when Ohio moved to allow Sunday hunting as I recall. A lot of times it ends up being the only day you can hunt, in my case, at least.
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because you were there.

To each his own but I'll be up in a tree or in a blind on any day of the week when the season is open. I can pray and have my time with God while enjoying the peacefulness of the outdoors just as easily as being inside a church and I'll do it any day of the week. JMO but it's easy to feel closer to God when I'm relaxing in a tree or blind & taking in the wonders of nature he's provided for us.

I'll admit I've not attended church in a while. yet I consider myself a "God fearing man". I've no vacation days left so this hunting season if I took away Sundays I'd cut my hunting season in half, only leaving Saturdays. if He told me to "Rise... Kill and eat." don't imagine it'd be much of a difference if it's a Sunday or not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redkneck View Post
    So you hunt Saturday?

Im such a failure...
    Woodrow F. Call hates rude behavior in a man, he won't tolerate it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redkneck View Post
    So you hunt Saturday?

Im such a failure...
    Knowledge is power cuz, admitting it is the first step.

Hunting on Sunday is fine with me as long as there's time for a nap between the morning and afternoon hunt.

Blog Entries

Let the hunter choose - not politicians or Old Testament religion. One of the worst laws out there in my opinion. As far as not working on Sunday - what happens to the people on ventilators and heart pumps if healthcare providers take off work? The New Testament is where it's at! Model our lives after Jesus and as others have said - Jesus himself worked on the Sabbath.
    Silver Member.....The OTPG

I live and hunt in Connecticut. We will never get Sunday hunting in this state. Every year we have it wrapped up and the liberal dems block it. It reallt sucks as someone who works 5 1/2 days a week. It is really hard for me to get a Saturday morning off to hunt. Maybe someday
    Vortex Optics FieldStaff

Vapor Trail ProStaff

Sportsmens Outpost, Wolcott, CT

Algonquin Archers Inc., Woodbury, CT.

If Obama is the answer....it must have been a real stupid question!

Blog Entries

Not sure I could hunt only in Sat. my schedule doesn't allow for weekday hunts, plus there ain't no vacation time for it either ( haven't seen one of those in 15 years)

Default Sunday Hunting

Looks like sunday gets the green light in my book according to all you guys telling us your view. Thank you

One of the perks of being Catholic is Saturday evening vigil mass. In many north country chruchs they even do a hunters mass. It's neat to be in church with a room full of men wearing camo & wool.

Sunday is my favorite day to hunt. 90% of the hunters are out of the woods and I have God's country all to myself. I use Sundays to take my kids hunting for that reason.

Default Sunday Hunting

It's awesome having the woods to yourself an being able to enjoy nature and its normal surrounding sounds rather then hearing every hunter in the woods shoot a deer but you haha

Blog Entries

Deer get 8 months off. Sundays are for other people to watch football and ME to be out in the woods sitting in their stands (public land, of course).

I love hunting Sundays. Very peaceful. God is everywhere, not just in churches. Nature is the best place to be when the sun rises on a crisp Sunday morning.