arrow P.E. ?

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Default arrow P.E. ?

Why is it I can shoot my block at 20 yards and my arrow stops. But when I'm jerking around shooting the exact same target at 65 yards my arrow blows through it.
    All the science I remember tells me an arrow in flight looses speed and energy over the course of flight. What am I missing here? Same target,same arrow, same field point, same poi on target. I better call myth busters or what ??

Blog Entries

Are you missing at 65 yards and just not seeing it? LOL Just kidding, honestly I don't have answer for that but mine seem to do the same but don't actually blow through the target. I can't believe the penetration I get out to 70, 80, and even 100 yards when shooting, my targets are the largest made by The Block. so maybe we do need to call Myth Busters
    "Own More Bone"

Member #50...........of the OTPG

Default arrow P.E. ?

It's the angle your arrow is going into the target. It's dropping at that angle, creating a downward angle as it enters the target; therefore, it slides through the layers. That's my theory at least.
    I figure God only gave me so many sunrises, I might as well not miss one.

Realtree Hoyt Fraternity Member #2

Default arrow P.E. ?

Your hitting old holes

Default arrow P.E. ?

If I shoot top marks on block @20 yards block barely moves, shoot the same mark 70-80 yards if arrow doesn't blow thru, it bout flips block over. They hitting with some force

Default arrow P.E. ?

Go shoot an arrow from 20 & 60 5 times and take a picture from above each time. Then post them.
    Last edited by hoosierhunter; 11-17-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Default arrow P.E. ?

I gotta find some hay bails or something to back it with can't afford to lose any more arrows.

a couple things... old holes or arrows missing is probably the reason for the arrows passing thru. another thing is the arrow is stabilized at longer distance more energy is seen at point of impact. if you shoot very close and with an arrow not really stiff you'll get some flex. if the arrow impacts when this flex is taking place more energy will be dissipated into the shaft, in terms of the shaft flexing or slight lateral nock travel. otherwise it's sometimes the angle. I've noticed shooting at blocks close in on the ground arrows are at a slightly steeper angle thus more force from the arrow is pushing down on the block and less pushing back. that help at all?