What NY's governor thinks of us - Page 2

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

There is no doubt the most powerful tool we have in our kit is our vote. Yes, our one single little vote. Added up though we can over come this wave of idiots and run them out of town. Everyone needs to talk with family and friends and get them to the polls this November.
    I realize we aren't voting for governor this year but we do have many legislators who did support the governor when the Safe Act was passed. We need to oust them first. Then we need to find and support a viable candidate to defeat Cuomo. This is going to be difficult in as much as Cuomo already has a warchest of 34 million dollars tucked away for his re-election campaign.
    Anyone running for any office this year needs to know we aren't going to put up with Cuomo style politics and we want the Safe Act repealed. Then we can go after Cuomo and send him to another state or better yet another country which rules under communism.
    Lynn
    Last edited by LETMGROW; 02-04-2014 at 03:22 AM.
    If you want to get something out of something you must put something into it. Member QDMA - NRA - SCOPE - NYSRPA - NCF2A - We The People of NY - NWTF - American Legion - Eagles Club
    If you buy cheap You'll buy twice

http://nypost.com/2014/02/04/wine-de...by-2-a-bottle/

Here is a look at our "Business Friendly" governor?
    Lynn
    If you want to get something out of something you must put something into it. Member QDMA - NRA - SCOPE - NYSRPA - NCF2A - We The People of NY - NWTF - American Legion - Eagles Club

Blog Entries

Default What NY's governor thinks of us

Saw an ad on the tv yesterday promoting business to move to NY that could not possibly have been right. Something about no taxes on businesses that move their operations to NY?
    wtnhunt

Quote Originally Posted by wtnhunt View Post
    Saw an ad on the tv yesterday promoting business to move to NY that could not possibly have been right. Something about no taxes on businesses that move their operations to NY?
    Yes it is William...100% tax free for 10 years in NY for new business' starting up there. Check it out!
    http://startup-ny.com/

Who knows what will happen after the 10 years are up. Worse...how can existing business' in NY expect to be competitive with any new business' coming into NY that seek to provide the same service or products? Like a hard slap in the face for business' that support the state with their tax $.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Yes it is William...100% tax free for 10 years in NY for new business' starting up there. Check it out!
    http://startup-ny.com/

Who knows what will happen after the 10 years are up. Worse...how can existing business' in NY expect to be competitive with any new business' coming into NY that seek to provide the same service or products? Like a hard slap in the face for business' that support the state with their tax $.
    My sentiments exactly. I have been in business here for 32 years. Now they are encouraging more come in and compete with me with a distinct advantage over me to start up.
    Worse yet is the fact we as taxpayers will have to pay increased taxes to provide services to those who are getting the break.
    Maybe I'm not too bright. I can't figure out why creating 20 new jobs which may put 30 already working out of work Is such a good thing
    Lynn
    Last edited by LETMGROW; 02-04-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Obviously as a business owner too, I feel your pain Lynn. NY ranks no. 2 in least tax friendly states for business with only New Jersey ahead of them so you're carrying one heck of a tax burden already compared to almost all the rest of the states. Reading between the lines sounds like they're saying...existing business' aren't welcome in NY either, unless you want to expand with a new branch of your business in a new zone. Even then though that new branch is the only one that benefits.