Feral Pigs????Now what??????

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Default Feral Pigs????Now what??????

We have recently have found hogs/pigs on a place we've had for 12 years.We didn't lose any pigs and our neighbor didn't either.????SOOOOOO....how come we now have herds?We need to know what works best to control these critters.Any and all tips would be welcome.
    Alabama's TREASURE Forest Program...Setting America's Standards.

Blog Entries

Welcome back Lisa. From what I have seen on here trapping and hunting the pigs seems to help some, but other than that I dont know.
    wtnhunt

Build a large pin type trap to catch as many as you can.

http://www.wilcoxwebworks.com/hs/hogtrapspermanent.htm

http://www.texasboars.com/trapping/
    Last edited by jcwa; 09-03-2007 at 05:02 PM.
    Predator Xtremist Hunting The Hunter

Hunt Hard, Shoot Strait, Apologize To No One.

they get smart on the traps after awhile....thats why we dont have them on the state land i work on...
    hunting them is the only way, hunting and trapping combined should work pretty good i would think.

i would start hunting them, you could get some serious meat if you start busting a few of them.. good luck on whatever you decide they can sure mess up some land

hey WWH--great to hear from ya!

I had a horrible hog problem on my 80 acres. The damage they caused was incredible. I spent a good 3 years and have eradicated the hogs in my area. Over the 3 year period I either shot (bow and gun) and trapped over 50 hogs. The trap was the only way I got the job done. I haven't seen a hog now for over 2 years. I'd set out several traps--it's not uncommon to trap several at a time. Have fun and fill the freezer with some good pork.

Blog Entries

If you hunt them, hunt them REAL heavy. Pressure them real hard, if you don't you won't phase them a bit. The heavy hunting pressure should drive the one's you don't kill/trap away. If you were in Texas I'd help ya out, huntin hogs is my favorite type of huntin, next to deer of course!!
    Woodrow F. Call hates rude behavior in a man, he won't tolerate it.

I agree with hog dawg. I had a family friend who had heards. So we pressured um all the time for a few months. aventully they moved off. he sees sighns every ones in awile. Nothing to bad though.
    GOD, family, hunting, work. Man im glad i work for my self.

pabowhunter Guest

I have heard that we now have a few broods of feral pigs in PA around bedford and cambria counties.I would love to hunt them and anyone with any info about the general areas where they may be please let me know.