Fish and Game Forcast?

Hunting Forum

Welcome to the hunting forum. Participate in member hunting forums, member blogs, and hunting pro blogs. The hunting forum is also the place to see Team Realtree photos and add your own photos.

We hope you’ll visit often! Why not bookmark this hunting forum page right now and share the link with a friend!

Hunting Forum | Realtree ® - Powered by vBulletin

Default Fish and Game Forcast?

I was wondering if any of you pay any attention to the Fish and Game forcast here on Realtree under the Resources tab before deciding when to go deer hunting?

All it really accounts for is the moon phase right? It doesnt take in account other factors like weather. I dont really pay any attention to it but sometimes I look at it out of curiosity. I just go hunting whenever I have time.
    What is the American Dream? I am a white male, between the ages of 18 and 49. I have a big mouth and a gun...I AM the American Dream

Blog Entries

I've done A LOT of in the field testing on those sun/moon tables, and yes, they do work....well, sort of. For fishing and for predatory animals, you can just about set your clock by them. But for the grazers, they don't seem to be nearly as effective. And yes weather, especially changing conditions, does play an important role in animal movement.
    Off the Porch and lovin' it...

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero - 55 BC

When it comes to deer hunting, I throw that stuff out. You just never know with those critters.
    Proud member of #9 Team Tagged Out

Whack em and stack em

Blog Entries

I dont pay attention to it. Weather is the most important factor to me. I just get out and hunt every chance I get, full moon, half moon, hot, rainy

Blog Entries

Well I looked at their forecast today and they were way off. I had tons of movement from 5 on....
    I'm a radiologist.....on pipe!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kat View Post
    Well I looked at their forecast today and they were way off. I had tons of movement from 5 on....

Ive noticed movement here is usually opposite of what they predict. I dont know why.
    What is the American Dream? I am a white male, between the ages of 18 and 49. I have a big mouth and a gun...I AM the American Dream

Blog Entries

I used to get a calendar from a local sporting goods store that had a guide in the back. I can't remember the name of it, but it was uncanny how accurate it was. I worked with a guy who hunted PA and would tell him what time he would see deer. He'd come into work and really question me on how I knew the deer would show up at or around that time.

The store went out of business and I never saw that guide again. All of them since don't come close. This one is about the best I have found that is right sometimes. I think it is a matter of getting out there and seeing for yourself.

Looks to me its just the moon phase is all it goes by.

Blog Entries

Yep, I checked out the Game Forecast here on Realtree last night to see why yesterday was such a disaster. ..LOL. Now I see I should have hunted the middle of the day instead of early morning and late afternoon.

Saturday is looking pretty good. Even if it didnt, I would still go hunting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCountyKiller View Post
    Looks to me its just the moon phase is all it goes by.
    You can find that guide on the ESPN website. Directions on how to use it are there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/b...e=bass_solunar