Sign in to follow this  
Turkeygirl

~2013-2014 Shed Antlers~

Thought I'd make this so we all can off our 2013-2014 shed finds. I know some are finding sheds before 2014 so post any and all finds and tell us about them. Good luck!

You'al find this pretty cool. I don't shed hunt, but I found a matching set in a tree that a hunter had put there and obviously forgot about. It's a heavy 8, and he'll go P&Y. Oh, and it's on public land too!

I got two so far.

#1 for me this year came from a random area while looking for old bottles on 1/14/14.

DSCN0215_zpsa49ec4d3.jpg

DSCN0213_zps246f9197.jpg

DSCN0210_zps4fffd4fa.jpg

Antler #2 from 1/19/14 was from a farmiliar face!

One from my goal buck heading into shed season!

original.jpg

DSCN0248_zps502c5357.jpg

DSCN0245_zps7112f3c1.jpg

DSCN0266_zps40ca8315.jpg

Some nice ones there Matt.

Guess i been going about shed hunting all wrong, no wonder i never find any. I will start looking for old bottles. Find plenty of them and beer cans while looking for antlers.

Found a fork horn the other day.... Correction, my 1 year old labradoodle, Mako, sniffed it out from under 5" of snow! I've been training him to be a shed dog. Looks like it has been working. I let him keep it as a trophy, and boy was he proud!

I bought the dog bone training system and just started to play fetch with him with the rubber antler, then after a few weeks I put some of the scent on it for fetch, and then I either hid the antler in the back yard or covered his eyes and threw it and said "go find it." I started to incorporate a real antler into the mix too, but I think it had too much human scent on it because he kept going to the fake one. Now I take him in the woods and every few mins say, "go find it!" And he gets all birdy. Like I said above, he just stopped in his tracks and began to dig and found that little one. I started training him around 5 months of age. He just got fixed today, so I can't take him out for about a week. :( guess I'm back to just using my eyes.

First one i have EVER found here at home. Had my boy on my shoulders and spotted it shining on a trail through some nasty briar tangles at the bottom of a hill from about 40 yards away. Lucky to have seen it in the mud. Walked trails another hour found plenty of old bottles.

IMG_20140222_154422_zps51c5758e.jpg

Some real nice find there.

Looks like things gonna green up real soon here, spent a little more time this morning and no luck. Tails leading to and from known bedding areas just don't seem to produce here.

Wonder how many sheds here go under water with the bottom flooding. A lot of washed debris along the river from the flooding we had a few weeks back.

Not what i was hoping to find, shame that little 7 had some potential.

IMG_20140309_151732-1_zps23f89698.jpg

Same area we looked last time little further down. Pretty sure i passed that little buck several times back during our ml'er and early gun seasons.

Had trail cam pics the 27th of one still holding both sides.