Sign in to follow this  
Maine Hntr

Turkey Mounts

Who all has done or had done a turkey mount of any kind? If so, let's see them. I got my first bird a couple weeks ago now and am just doing my own fan and beard mount on a simple store bought setup, nothing too difficult but a fun little project to try myself for a first bird!

I went with a full strut. I think it was about 500 dollars some years ago. I prefer the freeze dry heads over fake ones.

Turkey_zps2b77e337.jpg

Head_zps8e39bad9.jpg

Nice mount Frank. None here, believe snapper has a few. Considered having my oldest daughters first turkey done in a full strut, but the few reputable taxidermist around i know of who do turkeys wanted more than i was willing to part with.

Turkey mounts should run anywhere from $600 to $800 for a full strut. Im below that as they are not my strong point.

13.jpg

I've had 2 gobblers mounted in the past a long time ago. Back then they were a lot cheaper to mount than they are now. The 1st was an Eastern bird I finally killed in MS after chasing that bad, loud drumming bird around for about a month. The 2nd was a Merriam I killed in NM...my marathon hunt...killed him on the 14th setup after a 6 hour & 10 minute battle. The Merriam is a flying mount and the Eastern is a strutting on the limb, neck stretched out in gobbling mode mount. I checked my taxidermist web site a few minutes ago & a turkey mount is $650 now. There would have to be something extra special about a gobbler for me to mount another one.

Here is an example of a rug/wall hanging that I had made. It is one of two I have and the only downside I see is that they do require a fair amount of wall space at 50+ inches wide.

turkey02.jpg

• Upvote 1

Have this one................... not the greatest pic:

DSC03272.jpg

And these two:

DSC03265.jpg

And last years bird, which maybe I'll get a pic snapped of later on.

• Upvote 1