Sign in to follow this  
Turkeygirl

~2016 Shed Antlers~

Picked this one up yesterday on the bank of our pond....had a trail cam pic of the same buck earlier that AM with both sides so I ended up getting this shed 6-7 hours after he dropped it.

Found this one Sunday within a day of year of finding the same buck's shed last year, and about 80 yards. Have seen him numerous times the last couple years but never really tried to hunt him due to his short tines. I might change my mind next season, or try to get my daughter on him.

IMG_20160130_150950797_zps67sa395g.jpg

Here's last years shed... not much growth but good mass.

IMG_20150201_125739_339_zpsyeuchbbb.jpg

Found the two on the left last night bringing my total to 4 for the year. The two smaller antlers appear to be older with the right one being last years and the left palmated one maybe older, found in a crp field.

IMG_20160204_072821_zpsr8pvkgg4.jpg

The 5 on the left my daughter and I found on Sunday in a couple hours... the top set was laying in the field pretty much as shown in the pic, usually isn't that easy. The bottom set was about 100 yards apart. The 4 on the right are the same from the above post.

IMG_20160228_183135702_zpseisw6r9m.jpg

Finding some awesome sheds! I need to get our and look around. I rarely do for lack of time every year.

Congrats on the great finds

Thanks... It's been a good year with 19 so far. Typically I find 4-8 a year. These are from Sunday... the larger one was carrying until at least March 22nd according to trail cam pics. Hope to find time to look for the other side soon.

sheds_zpsbwxw3ide.jpg

• Upvote 1

My son Joe found one side of a big 8 he passed on because it was in someones backyard last November. Right after he found that shed... a few steps later, he fell on ice and broke his foot. A Jones fracture is what its called. The boy has been on crutches the last 5 weeks :(. So normally we would be rolling in the sheds by now, but my #1 shed hunter is on the DL list.

Good luck to everyone and hope y'all get there before the squirrels do.

I was fortunate to find the other half yesterday about 300-400 yards away. This pretty much concludes my shed hunting other than keeping an eye out during morel and turkey seasons. My best season ever with 20 sheds, including 5 sets.

shed2field_zps0oj9srct.jpg

shedsetK_zpsqcxlsqje.jpg

Edited by WHISKEYSWAMP