Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wtnhunt

cc for wife?

6 posts in this topic

Wife is traveling out of town for work more often these days and with all the craziness it is past time for her to be carrying where she can. Been looking in the under $400 price range, local shop trying to sell me on a glock 43, he is a "blue label" dealer had a great deal on them under $400 out the door to me. Really like the reviews for the smith and wesson m&p shield, good price too. Another consideration was the ruger lc9s. Suggestions?

not familiar with the glock 43 gun, but I know the shield is a nice little carry gun and the rugers are great guns too, not sure what caliber you're leaning toward but might want to check out the LCP, it's a 380 and a bit smaller than the LC9.

Probably a 9.

The glock g43 is a compact single stack 9.

Gonna have her see which she likes best.

She likes the shield.  They have both the ported and non ported versions.  I like the sights better on the ported gun and from what they said the recoil for a woman shooter is much more manageable with the ported, don't like the price jump though, ported is $80 more.  

Got her the standard 9mm shield.  Found a great deal on the gun online, $60 lower than anywhere local and no sales tax.  Hopefully she never has any reason to use it other than target practice, but she will have it just in case.  Will see how it does with the critical defense rounds after letting her get it broken in with some plinking stuff.

Pretty impressed with the accuracy of this small pistol.  

Looking at lasers for her now.  Considering the crimson trace and the streamlight combo unit.