Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hoytman66

Super Glue

6 posts in this topic

Does it hurt bow strings if you put a small amount of super glue on it to hold something in place?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never heard of anyone using super glue on bowstrings, I wouldn't.  

I put a little on a separated serving a few years ago to try and get the string to last a little longer. In the end i don't think it really helped much.

i don't think it's a good idea.  the strands in a string are dynamic in that they move and shift.  also adhesion can be hit or miss knowing that a good condition string will be sufficiently coated with wax.  BCY Nock Point and Peep Tieing Thread ran across wax will hold a tight knot.  the fibers of the thread itself is bonded so if won't fray as easily.

depending on what you're dealing with there's lots of tips and tricks for getting things to stay put on a bow setup.  what are you holding in place?

Some glues can also melt plastic..not sure what it'd do to bowstring but probably not a good idea. Now I've heard of serving in a peep and putting a drop of glue on the knot in the plastic groove of the peep, that works ok. Wouldn't put it directly on bow string though. Super glue though is good for fletching arrows.

I personally wouldn't......but, its your choice and money.