Sign in to follow this  
Dawg

Texas Drawn Hunts

Dawg    232

I put in for 20 different hunts in the home state this year.  Just started applying for these last year so I'm not expecting to get drawn anytime soon.  The odds are ridiculous on some but you can't get drawn if you don't apply!

Really hoping for a mule deer hunt up in Caprock Canyons SP or Palo Duro SP.  Threw in some apps for exotics as well as whitetail and hog.  Fingers crossed the boy or I will get drawn for something!

you are right about someone has to get drawn.  It happened to me last year on the Private Land Antelope hunt.  1 tag and over 1500 applicants and I got drawn.  My son and I have gone on a few hunts.  I think there are quite a few deer hunts that the odds aren't real bad, but the ones that are more trophy type are long odds.  I have been applying since the late 90's for some of the hunts.  Mule deer is my main attraction, also, but I'm looking more towards the west Texas hunts.  Good luck to you.

Dawg    232

The son and I both drew the antlerless hunt at Matador WMA.  Hunt is 12/16/17 - 12/20/17.

Still waiting for several draw results to take place but I'm happy we drew something!