Sign in to follow this  
Tim Andrus

hope everyone is ready

For the season   our favorite time of year!!!  I starting tomm have 4 dbl shifts in 5 days   yuk . But on the good note   I start vacation after that. Lets hear how everyone is doing   send pics and stories. And most important  be safe and wear a safety harness if in a tree PLEASE!!!!

Well Tim...the season started off slow in Missouri.  Saw lots of does & fawns but only a handful of rack bucks until the last afternoon I hunted.  That afternoon the double beam buck popped out of the timber into the edge of the cut bean field I was hunting.  I have 2 stands on it.  Figures...he passed right in front of the stand I wasn't hunting (within 10 yards) and went back into the timber ~100 yards from the stand I was in.  He's impressive on the hoof in hard horn.  Here's a pic of him when he was still in velvet in early August.

image.png.cdd87411bd77b3bdb476f29e98317e99.png

After seeing him on the hoof, I don't think I could give him a pass.  However, I hope to see this wide 10 point 1st (also early August pic).

59d411cd544ee_Wide10point.jpg.0ba53d5d705a12f06d15afbec255a62b.jpg

Heading back to Missouri Thursday.  My son and his best friend will meet me there that night to hunt with me through the weekend.

first two weeks was HOT & HUMID, shut movement off. Last week and counting rain and not so great hunting weather. cooled down some, not enough to get them on feet like they should be here.