Sign in to follow this  
VermontHunter

1st. crossbow harvest

After all of the eye surgeries I finally had to hang the compound bow up and move to the crossbow world. I looked at many makes and models and with a lot of help with the finances, I finally bough a Tenpoint Turbo GT, expensive but with the warranty and service agreement, I think the price may be justified, but this is all new to me.

Took it out for our Vermont archery opener and with a short sit on stand got to break her in with a 40 yrd. shot on a great doe, she went about 50-60 yrds. and ended up in a deep ravine, YEAH lucky me ... good thing for Rangers with winches ... :p .. lol

I have to admit I'm kind of liking this crossbow hunting, even if they are heavy as all get out.  :)

2017Doe.jpg

Congrats on the doe! I've been shooting the kids crossbow a little bit lately. Now that it's legal in Illinois all through archery season I might take it to the woods for a few hunts.

• Like 1

I love my crossbow - may never buy another compound. Congratulations!

Edited by fly
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mathews XT Man said:

congrats Luke!  I may be heading that way some day, but not until I cant draw my bow anymore

Oh, I can still draw my bow back just fine, just cant use my dominate eye any longer.  I have to admit, I'm kind of liking this crossbow world ... ;)

4 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

nice job Luke.  wish they'd have full inclusion into deer seasons for crossbows here in NY and i don't even own one.

Thank You .. I don't understand why many are fighting so hard to keep another means of hunting out of the hunting world, just baffles my mind. I for one have never seen anything wrong with any legal means of hunting. I found out in a very quick fashion crossbows not unlike anything else has it's pros and cons ... I think you would enjoy the crossbow world as I do.