Well    I know Rhino (Al) has started the turkey season off with a bang      Who else has been at it?
I leave April 16th for WY/SD chasing Merriams  .  Lets hear from you guys!!

Hoping to get down to Texas and chase Rios very soon. Also, this year will be the first with no youth mentor to guide for NYs youth season.

Good luck with the Merriams Tim.

Good luck and safe travels with your upcoming hunt Tim.  Season opens here this weekend, and sure there are some birds around, had a couple tom's with ground dragging beards on trail cams back before I pulled the cams.  Likely if I happen to get out to hunt anything this spring will have a .223 in my hands with target being yotes, still have a few problems to take care of with beaver too.

Good luck on your road hunts Tim.  Hope you bag a limit in both states.  Looking forward to seeing some Merriam pics and reading about your hunts. 

Went out this past Saturday listening and heard 20-25 gobbling birds.

Woke up to 6"+ of snow this morning............................hard to get real fired up about anything just yet.  Season doesn't open here til April 28th.  I am excited, though, to take Pickle out on kids' day April 21st.

Then, if everything goes as planned, I'll be headed to WY/NE to chase some Merriam's with my brother.

7 minutes ago, Strut10 said:

Went out this past Saturday listening and heard 20-25 gobbling birds.

Woke up to 6"+ of snow this morning............................hard to get real fired up about anything just yet.  Season doesn't open here til April 28th.  I am excited, though, to take Pickle out on kids' day April 21st.

Then, if everything goes as planned, I'll be headed to WY/NE to chase some Merriam's with my brother.

Good luck and have a safe trip Don.  

I have April 16-20 to get it done here in IL. Hope to get a big old Tom like last year. Good luck with the birds Tim! Bear season in Manitoba is approaching!

Edited by fly