Sign in to follow this  
amanda121287

How long should wait to hunt

How long should i wait to hunt ground that i jsut had tiem to clear to get to a stand i have had there for years just didnt have tiem ot get in and clean a trail to it befor this weekend. i would like ot hunt it morning this week. i was up there today for abotu 2 hours chainsawing trees and running aroudn with a 4 wheeler.

Welcome to the forums.  I don't know of any states that have a deer season open this time of the year.   Where are you located, what state?  If season were open, 2 hours of clearing and cutting would not bother the deer enough not to go on and hunt it.

Agree with William (wtnhunt)...deer tend to return to their home turf fairly quick after any disturbance that might cause them to relocate.  Not sure what state you're hunting either that would have an open season this time of the year.  The states I've deer hunted in all have a fall/winter season.

On 5/18/2018 at 6:00 AM, wtnhunt said:

Welcome to the forums.  I don't know of any states that have a deer season open this time of the year.   Where are you located, what state? 

I'm Guessing waaaay up in that holler up yonder, got one of those "settler" permits.

NO state has a spring deer season