Sign in to follow this  
wtnhunt

Team 1

My statewide season closes Sunday.  I hunted a farm last night that I haven’t hunted since around October 12th, but nothing showed up.  The weather is not cooperating this weekend with temps near 50 making it nearly impossible to get on a shooter.  I have one more Hail Mary with a hang & hunt to try, but I’m not holding my breath.  

On 1/3/2019 at 7:04 AM, hoosierhunter said:

My statewide season closes Sunday.  I hunted a farm last night that I haven’t hunted since around October 12th, but nothing showed up.  The weather is not cooperating this weekend with temps near 50 making it nearly impossible to get on a shooter.  I have one more Hail Mary with a hang & hunt to try, but I’m not holding my breath.  

Warm front pushing in ahead of rain here this past weekend had the last known mature buck we had around on his feet during legal shooting light.  Good luck Pat.   

Well the weatherman has came through and provided me with a temperature drop and correct wind to go after this buck tonight.

In football terms, we recovered the onside kick at about mid field and now we gotta reach for the sky and bring down the Hail Mary on the last play of the game.

I'm headed out today for what may be my last deer hunt of the year. Haven't had a buck on camera over 130 inches all season so I'm not to hopeful. However, it is my birthday so I think I'll get out one last time.

6 hours ago, fly said:

I'm headed out today for what may be my last deer hunt of the year. Haven't had a buck on camera over 130 inches all season so I'm not to hopeful. However, it is my birthday so I think I'll get out one last time.

Happy Birthday Frank, hope you had a good one.