Sign in to follow this  
wtnhunt

Team 3

Congrats Martin! He's a great north country buck!

I got some points for the board Friday. I'll get him entered & post a story in the deer hunting room. Not a giant by any means, but a decent 8 pointer.

11-16-18-01.jpg

Congratulations on a couple of nice bucks.  Wish I could have been of some help to the team, but the season ended today and I never caught up with a buck I wanted to pull the trigger on.  If it were legal to shoot a doe I would have filled my tag this afternoon.  Saw some young bucks over the past couple of weeks and one that may have been a shooter that slipped by in a dense ice fog, nose to the ground and grunting with every step.  I couldn't see him very well as he was more of a shape moving through the fog.  Tried to get him to stop, or maybe come back, all to no avail.  The weather here has been less than favorable for hunting but that's the way it goes.  Still had a good season even with the low deer numbers and crappy weather.  I did see several dozen elk (no bulls), a wolf, grizzly bear and a couple of moose.  On top of that, I had an ermine hop up on my lap and check me out.  Even without filling a tag it was a successful season.  Once again guys, Congratulations on a couple of dandy bucks!

Well that is just about a wrap on my season. This weekend is our second firearm season, but I filled my tag during first season so will take on kitchen duties at deer camp Friday night instead. Next weekend is muzzleloader season and I don't have a tag for that. The following weekend I am out of town for my daughters softball tournament, and Christmas is the week after that. No complaints here though...it's been a good November & the freezer is full.