Sign in to follow this  
Michael Wage

Recommendations for 17 HMR rifle scope?

Howdy folks! I've been browsing the web for hours now reading up on everything about the 17 HMR and decided that I'm going to purchase it. I'm going to need a scope for it and based on my research, I'm leaning towards the Nikon P-Rimfire. Any ideas or suggestions? 

Welcome to the forums.  No first hand experience with the 17, but plenty of experience with nikon optics.  Only nikon scopes I would stay away from would be the buckmaster line, don't think you could go wrong with the nikon rimfire scope.   

Not familiar with that particular scope.  But Nikon has built a VERY solid reputation as good glass.

Be sure, if you have any notion of shooting longer distances, to get a reticle with mil-dots or ballistic dots, etc.  Beats the heck outta trying to guess on hold-over.

You have a good idea for choosing a 17 HMR rifle, I have a fanatic 

<a href = "https://www.atncorp.com/thermal-scope-thor-4-640-1-10x"> thermal scope </a>

that I am using which gives me everything I want I will recommend you to give it a try. It is an ATN ThOR 4 640 1-10x it covers far distance range it has Bluetooth and Ultrasensitive next-gen sensor. check it out.

Edited by CutRoad11

The BSA Sweet 17 3-12x40mm is a varmint hunting marvel! It features a quick change turret system and a 3" eye relief which is right in the sweet spot for the 17 hmr rifle. These hunting scopes  will allow you to drive tacks at 200 yards, no problem. At the price range it is hard to believe that it can compete with the likes of Leupold and Nikon but trust me, it can. What I really liked is that after I got it zeroed it stayed dialed in with minimal adjustments over 200 rounds with the .17 HMR.