Sign in to follow this  
Tim Andrus

A new year is here soooo.

What is new with everyone?    And any ideas where we can boost this site up?    Social media has slowed it down  but Im not giving in.
let me know your thoughts.
Tim

Check back and post in your other threads Tim.  More member participation including you could help.  Too often seems people look and don't post. 

Far as what's new here outside hunting, our oldest(Christina) got married last spring and we are expecting our first grandchild around the third week of April.  Second daughter(Nicole) graduates this spring and has been accepted to the University of Tennessee at Martin.  Our 13 year old daughter(Allison) killed a nice buck Dec 30th, posted pics and story link in your other most recent thread.  Our 7 year old son says next year is his turn to kill a big buck.

Well Tim...I'm not sure how to boost the site to get people to post.  Like you said, members spend more time on social media and we all have a limited amount of free time.

A far as new...I took 4 bucks to the taxidermist today.  Never done that before in one season.  My 2 MO bucks, and 2 MS bucks.  Got the 4th wallhanger here in MS Sunday afternoon (130 class 8 point).  That's it for me in MS...filled my MS buck bag limit this year...stick a fork in me, I'm done.  Except...I guess I'm going to be a guide for my son (Bailey) when he comes to hunt the weekend of Jan. 19th.  We'll celebrate my 65th birthday when he comes too.  Yep...next time I play golf, I can play from the senior tees.  That will be new!

with all the stand time the Real Tree/ Road Trips/Monster Bucks guys put in, I'm surprised they do not check in here with the smart phones they carry with. This place would EXPLODE if the boys would just drop in once during the fall hunting season.

1 hour ago, Mathews XT Man said:

with all the stand time the Real Tree/ Road Trips/Monster Bucks guys put in, I'm surprised they do not check in here with the smart phones they carry with. This place would EXPLODE if the boys would just drop in once during the fall hunting season.

Waddell would never be able to remember his username or password.  lol.  He had a few profiles here at one time.

Dunno how much play those guys get these days, if the videos are still as popular as they once were.  Several of them had been members at one time or another.  

Thats NO excuse William, aint buyin that....every TV show that RT sponsors should include a clause that they must be active on this site. Red Arrow, Whitetail Freaks, The Crush, and on and on it goes.  People here are for the most part HARDCORE RT. ya we got a few Mossy Jokes too I'm sure. Next time I hunt the RT FARM.... I just may leave the GATE open in protest when I leave!!...Hey I'll take a hit for my fellow RT Forum members!...lol

"Back in the day" chat room would be very active at any mention of any of the "pro's", not even a chat room here anymore.  Is what it is, yeah no excuses.  Seriously though, there was a time when those guys/gals would drop in from time to time and even post and YES Waddell did really forget his user names and passwords to the forums.  I recall helping him resetting his password for one of the usernames he had, think it was bowtarist, only for him to post a few posts and never check back in.  

Too many posts that folks look at and maybe even write that they never reply to.  Kind of discouraging when someone creates a topic and they seem to abandon it.  I mean what is the point of posting a reply to a topic if there is no dialog.  Been some good posts with very little response, perfect example is look at the young ladies successes this year, a low number of congrats to the girls in comparison to the number of views.  See a lot of regular members that don't even post or reply, that used to always be right there to offer congrats and support.  Surely they have not become too busy, so what is the reason they don't post?  

Too busy playing candy crush??  I see shows where they are doing just that, too busy to check in with the people that actually buy the products that SPONSOR their shows!  I miss the "old regulars" that we had here.