Sign in to follow this  
wtnhunt

Team 1

Hey guys.  Urban season has kicked off here but I haven’t had any luck.  Statewide season starts next week.  I will also be traveling to Illinois in mid November.  Good luck to everyone and I look forward to sharing updates along the way!

I’m on stand tonight hunting a buck that I have three years of history with.  He’s 5.5 this year with a typical 10 frame and some trash.  Fingers crossed, I get to hunt him tonight and tomorrow.

Season opened last week.  I've been out 3 times and haven't seen much.  Couple of does and young bucks.

I've got a 4 day weekend coming up and with this cold front coming in, I should see more deer on their feet.

Good luck to everyone!

I was able to take two does on Monday night, but I completely forgot to snap pictures so points will have to wait until the next doe.  

I was shooting the G5 Havoc(2 inch cut) on both does and they both were heart shots.  Surprisingly neither broad head deployed properly until exit.  In fact, the holes through both hearts were approximately 1 inch along with the entrance holes.  The second doe I shot only ran about 40 yards, but she stayed alive for approximately 7 minutes being shot through the heart.

This makes the 7th deer I’ve shot with a two blade rear deploying expandable and 5 of the 7 did not deploy on impact or undeployed on exit.  It’s not an energy issue because I’m shooting 80lbs with 9.5 grain arrows now and the previous was with FMJ’s.

I guess I’ll stick with 3 blade over the top expandables, definitely has me scratching my head. 

Congrats Hoosier. I’m surprised those G5’s did that. I shoot them in Mathews and in my crossbow never had any problems with them

Shot a yearling doe last night.  The big doe wouldn't come in close enough for a shot and I needed the meat!

I switched to Muzzy 3 blades this year.  There was hardly any blood trail at all.  She only ran 70 yards before she died, though.  

Congrats MCH. Finally made it out tonight with the wife. Set a stand up over food plot the other day finally got to hunt it. Didn’t have any luck though