Sign in to follow this  
NS whitetail

Is the Coronavirus affecting you in anyway ?

◦    This Coronavirus is affecting us big time. A lot of our lobster go to China and with China being pretty much shut down it is hurting us big time. Our season opens the last Monday in November and runs till May 31. We make our bread and butter in December then mid January, February and March things do slow down because of the weather and the water temperature drops which cause lobster to kind of hibernate. We haul every day we can in December up until mid January then we only haul two or three times a week until the first of April when the water starts to warm up again. We always catch enough each week in the winter months to make a decent pay check because the price is always up around 12-14 dollars a pound   We have been getting $10.25 per pound but since this virus started the price has dropped to $6. It cost us $1200 for bait and fuel each time we haul our gear so this year we have decided like a lot of other people to land our gear. We always leave it out for the 6 month season but now our traps are piled behind the barn until the end of March when we will put them back out. No sense to go work our ass off two or three times a week for nothing. I’ll enjoy my life the next few weeks cutting my firewood , going to my cottage and I am going to the Dominican Republic for a week on March 13. Life is good 👍

From a business standpoint...yes.  As some of you know I'm one of the owners of Millennium Outdoors.  The factory we use in China to manufacture our products was shut down until Feb. 10th.  Mater of fact, all factories were shut down in China until 2/10.  We had hoped to have the new turkey seats on the water headed this way on the 10th.  As far as I know, they aren't on the water yet.  My retirement funds invested in the market have taken a bit of a hit too.  We'll see how that all plays out over time.